April 15, 2013
I grew up in Kentucky raised on home cooking and buckets from the colonel. I never ran up on this toxin in my young sheltered life. My parents weren't deranged or cruel. My meals were made of things you would recognize from the garden, not army warfare. I took my wife out to a new Chinese restaurant and took a bite of her sweet and sour pork and threw up in my mouth. Sweat popped out on me and I quickly went to the bathroom. She was amazed. I was amazed she ate it and lived. Years latter I ate at a Mexican restaurant and here we go again. I was going to get to the bottom of this. Waiters and finally the cook came out. He said cilantro. Thankfully, they soon went out of business!