April 16, 2016
I was eating a burrito and was getting wafts of, what I casually thought was floor cleanser, going up my nose and down my throat. Soon, my throat was closing off, I was wheezing, short of breath, and I suddenly realized it was the food! The fumes weren't from some noxious chemicals arising from a recently mopped floor after all!
I got the workers at the restaurant to identify the culprit: cilantro! They said they were sorry if I didn't like the food and offered to replace it. I asked what they had that didn't have cilantro. Their answer: practically everything at the restaurant already had cilantro in it.
I couldn't risk eating at that place ever again. Too scary to have your throat closing off because of an herb they put there on purpose!
Cilantro doesn't belong on food. IT'S SO AWFUL!