May 19, 2016
The first time I had it was in a salad I ate as a kid while on vacation with my parents. I never made it to a third bite, it tasted like i'd swallowed something used to de-grease engines. I was nauseated, light headed, and finally had to excuse myself. Never made it back to my room, wound up retching in the bushes on the way back to the hotel building. Good thing it was dark.
The second time I had it was in a burrito many years later. I remembered that awful taste from my childhood and asked the buy behind the counter what that stuff was.
"Cilantro" he said. NOW I KNEW THE NAME OF MY ENEMY.