February 21, 2006
Well on top of Cilantro being a foul tasting substance, it appears that I am allergic to it as well. I was at the Mall of America and I bought a taco from what looked to be a reputable establishment...i was clearly mistaken however as they had intermixed cilantro with the lettuce on the taco. Well within a few minutes my tongue and throat were so swollen I had to be rushed to the emergency room. Cilantro nearly ended my life...what a horrible way to go. This is of course just further proof that it is not actually a food at all...but quite likely some form toxin that a few of us are "lucky" enough to be sensitive to. As the rest of the population slowly absorbes this deadly substance into their system we will all be spared their awful fate.